Lieberman Center, a CJE SeniorLife skilled healthcare community with 240 private rooms, is a destination of choice for older adults who want personal attention and positive medical outcomes in a warm, secure and home-like setting.
Lieberman Center offers the following residential healthcare programs:
- Short-term rehabilitation at the Haag Pavilion (Medicare)
- Long-term care for those with complex medical needs
- Alzheimer’s Special Care Unit
- Respite Program for up to 30 days
- Palliative and Hospice Care
Lieberman also offers these special services
Why Choose Lieberman Center?
Our medical outcomes are well-documented and available for review. In the past two years, 100% of patients surveyed have been satisfied with our care.
In addition, our newly renovated areas are receiving rave reviews. Here are some of the amenities that patients/residents appreciate at Lieberman:
- All private rooms enhance the healing process and our philosophy of person-centered care.
- Kosher food, prepared on-site by award winning chefs, with multiple dining options—in-room service or casual dining on each floor.
- The Nosh, a café for lighter fare during mid-day with free gourmet coffee throughout the day.
- Wi-Fi access throughout the building with iPads available during one’s stay.
- Cable TV in each room with a dedicated movie channel, including Russian-language stations.
- Beauty salon/Barber shop with manicure, pedicure and massage services.
- Inviting Great Room with library, theater section and computer stations.
- Newly landscaped outside gardens and socialization areas.
- Hundreds of life enrichment opportunities monthly—excursions, movies, discussion groups, art classes and workshops.
- Creative art therapies provided by registered professionals.
- Medical Director Noel DeBacker, M.D., a Board-certified gerontologist, recipient of the 2012 American Medical Director of the Year award.
- Pastoral and spiritual support by a full-time rabbi and chaplain.
Attention to Healthcare Achievements at Lieberman
Lieberman sets itself apart by achieving positive medical outcomes.These outcomes are well-documented and available for your review upon request. A comprehensive data collection system is in place in order to manage resident care standards. In addition, Lieberman has over 30 physicians with privileges to admit and monitor patients.
Lieberman is recognized for having consistent staffing with low turnover; the majority of nurses, CNAs, and social workers have an average tenure of 5-plus years of employment. Staff is often permanently assigned to certain floors to encourage residents and patients to develop bonds that benefit patient care. Lieberman is unique in that a Physiatrist and Nurse Practitioner are on staff. All direct care staff are required to participate in a proprietary training module on working with patients with Parkinson’s disease. Staff also participates in sensitivity training for the elder LGBT community.
In addition to a staff with advanced knowledge on how to treat complex issues common to an older population, Lieberman has an entire floor devoted to providing care and stimulation for individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia. As new research findings emerge that could benefit Lieberman’s unique population, staff considers adding innovative methods to Lieberman’s programming. More recently, aromatherapy to ease Sundowning symptoms, creative wayfinding techniques and new pain management tools have been added.
Lieberman Center for Health and Rehabilitation.
9700 Gross Point Road
Skokie, IL 60076
Lieberman Center Health Care Team
Ron Benner, B.S.N., M.B.H.A., R.N., L.N.H.A., Executive Director & Director of Clinical Practice and Outcomes
Dr. Jason Gruss, Haag Pavilion Physiatrist
Thao Ong, Haag Pavilion Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Dr. Noel DeBacker, M.D., F.A.C.P., C.M.D., Medical Director