CJE SeniorLife’s Haag Pavilion for short-term rehabilitation is a comprehensive in-patient care unit that helps patients return to everyday life following hospitalization for an acute illness or injury. We also provide care and treatment for post-operative general surgery, as well as for all types of complex medical conditions, including:
- Cardiac Diseases in our Center for Heart Health
- Orthopedic Recovery (post-operative)
- Stroke Recovery (including speech and swallowing therapy)
- Vascular Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Neurological Issues
- Infectious Diseases
- Respiratory Disorders
Services available include:
- Hemodialysis Program
- Infusion Therapies
- Pain Management
- Cancer Treatment
- Wound Care
- Transitional Nursing Program +30
Our goal is to return each patient to his or her highest possible level of function. The moment a patient enters our program we work with both the individual and his or her family members to create, care treatment and discharge plans that are unique to that person.
The individualized treatment plan and length of stay depends upon a patient’s condition and diagnosis upon admission.
Located at Lieberman Center for Health and Rehabilitation in Skokie, our talented interdisciplinary team includes physical, occupational, speech and creative arts therapists, dieticians, social workers and professional nurses.
Our rehabilitation experts develop personalized exercise routines using specialized training equipment, multi-surface walking path and a model bedroom, bathroom, grocery store and kitchen for practicing real-life skills and activities. Rehabilitation services are available seven days a week and include, but are not limited to:
- Ambulation and gait training
- Therapeutic range-of-motion exercises
- Pain reduction
- Activities of daily living
- Speech, language and swallowing disorders
Our Therapists care for you, body and soul.
We treat the whole person at the Haag Pavilion, focusing on every aspect of a patient’s care and well-being…medical, physical, psycho-social, spiritual and emotional
Full-time art therapists help patients manage life transitions, explore self-expression and further their emotional recovery using creative arts therapies.
In conjunction with traditional therapies, the Haag Pavilion offers additional therapies such as electrical stimulation, diathermy and ultrasound. Unique clinical services include:
- Physiatry consultations (physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- Home evaluations
- Pain management physician consultations
- Pain management strategies using creative art therapy
- Group therapy programs designed to ease a return to daily living
A smooth transition
As one of the most comprehensive providers of eldercare programs and services in the Metropolitan Chicago area, CJE SeniorLife has the resources to provide Haag Pavilion patients with the individualized assistance they need.
Our knowledgeable discharge planners help to ease a patient’s transition from rehabilitation to his or her return home by linking the patient to CJE’s extensive network of programs and services.
CJE’s Home Health Agency provides access to physician-ordered home medical services, including skilled nursing, therapies and medical social work.
At Haag Pavilion, residents enjoy all the above along with:
- Private rooms equipped with personal refrigerators
- Spa-quality whirlpool with flat-screen TV. Enjoy soaking, therapy or just relaxing.
- Daily newspaper delivery—choice of Tribune or Sun Times.
- Concierge services for any special needs, like arranging transportation or dry cleaning services.
- Rehabilitation and exercise therapy available seven days a week, with private in-room physical therapy if requested.
Contact us today!
We can work with your physician to arrange a stay at the Haag Pavilion for short-term rehabilitation following your elective or non-elective surgery. Medicare and selected insurance accepted.
Tours are available seven days a week. For appointments, inquires or to schedule and admission call 847.929.3320
View our video
- Assisted Living
- Consumer Assistance
- Home Health Care
- Personal Care
- Religious Life
- Skilled Nursing