Many good things come together at The Friend Center - the carefully planned atmosphere, the dedicated staff, the engaging activities. Our residents have a strong sense of independence, comfort and security.
The Friend Center, separate from but adjoining Gidwitz Place, offers 35 private rooms for people with early to mid-stage Alzheimer's and related dementia. Professional trained staff members provide appropriate programs and services, 24-hour supervision and individualized attention to meet the needs of each resident.
A personalized activity program is developed for every resident. The program involves physical, language and social skills, with careful attention to the ability and interest of the resident and the progress of the disease.
Three kosher meals are served every day, in a cozy dining room. A lounge with generous activity space, a hands-on activity kitchen and a large, protected outdoor strolling garden make The Friend Center ideal for the needs of its residents. Housekeeping, laundry and personal care are included in the monthly fee. Friend Extend, a continence management program, is available for an additional fee.
Residents at The Friend Center enjoy a safe, secure home that is warm, inviting and nurturing. State of the art apartments especially designed for residents with Alzheimer’s or forms of dementia.
- Daily, structured and stimulating activities tailored to various cognitive levels
- An indoor strolling area and outdoor walking path through a garden that is safe, secure and comforting
- Personal Care
- Kosher breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks throughout the day
- 24-hour nursing with full medication administration
- Compassionate professional staff, trained to deliver exemplary Alzheimer’s care
We also provide an Adult Day Service - North program for community members who want to participate in activities but are not permanent residents at The Friend Center. For caregivers who worry about leaving a family member alone when they need to take a much-needed break or vacation, respite care is also available if space permits. Respite visitors participate in the same programs and are offered the same services as permanent residents.
- Adult Day Services
- Caregiving Support Groups
- Parkinson's Disease Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Special Dementia Care Unit